EVALUATION OF LEARNING
CLASS : VIII
SUBJECT : ENGLISH
1. Woman : Open the windows, will you ?
Boy : Yes, Madam
Woman : Will you sweep the floor ?
Boy : ……..(Acceptance)
a. I’m sorry. I’m busy
b. Do by yourself
c. Another time, please
d. Alright, I can do it
2. Rudi : ……I want to talk to you.
Rita : Ok.
The suitable expression to complete the dialog is ….
a. go away from this place, will you ?
b. will you walk there, please ?
c. will you sit down near me, please ?
d. stay outside, please ?
3. Bertha : Can I help you, mom ?
Woman : ……..(refused)
a. thank, but I can do it by my self
b. Of course
c. here you are
d. How kind you are
4. Anita :…………..
Budi : Ok. This cake is too much for me
The suitable expression for asking things is …
a. Can I have a bit ?
b. Will you come here ?
c. here you are
d. This is for you
5.Anita : Can I have your cake
Budi : Ok. How many ?
Anita : Three, please.
Budi : Ok.
a. Here you are
b. Here we are
c. Here she is
d. Here he is
6. Martin : I lost my money, somebody stole it from me.
Martha : Don’t worry, take this money for you
Martin : …….(refused)
a. I can take that
b. Thank you, you ‘re kind
c. I cannot take that
d. All right
7. Dea : Can you show me the way to nearest bank here ?
Diah :…………(giving direction)
a. Turn right then go straight, the bank is in the corner
b. Ask another man please
c.I don’t know where it is !
d. I forget the way to the bank
8. Dea : Is it the way to the bank ?
Diah : ……….(refusing)
a. I don’t think so
b. just try it
c. Sorry, I don’t know
d. right there
9. Adi :…………(asking for doctor’s room)
Nurse : Ok. You must go straight and doctor’s room is in the left side.
a. Can you take my bag to the doctor’s room
c. This is doctor’s room
b. Can you show me the way to doctor’s room
d. I don’t know where the doctor’s room is
10. Sonia : Would you like milk ?
Firman : ………..I’d like coffee
a. Of course
b. No, thanks
Teks to 11-15
Last week Firman had a great holiday in Pulau Putri with his family. They spent their holiday from Friday till
Sunday First he went water sking. He did it almost everyday then went wind surfing, finally the activity he enjoyed the most was scuba diving. It was great experience.
11. Where did Firman have a great holiday ?
a. Pulau Putri
c. Last week
d. Sunday Afternoon
12. He went holiday with his …..
13. How many activities that Firman do there ? there are ……activities.
14. “ Scuba Diving “ means in Indonesia is ……
c. Ski air
15. How many days they spend the holiday ?
a. 3 days
b. 2 days
c. 4 days
d. 5 days
16. Marry ….. to the school with her father yesterday.
17. Mother ……..a flower because she would visit her son in the hospital last week.
18. a. Fortunately, my mum gave me a good medicine. In three weeks, the acnes started to vanish.
b. That was bad experiences with adolescence though there were still lots of good experience too.
c. I had my adolescence when I was thirteen
d. I started with ance that showed up on my face. It was very annoying.
Arrange the sentences above to correct recount paragraph
19. Elsa : ……….did eat my apple on the table ?
Keke : I did
20. Vega : Excuse me,_ __ __ __ __ __ __is the hospital ?
Anton : You go straight near the traffic light.
TheTwo Friends and a bear
John and James were two friends who were crossing a forest. Suddenly, they hit a huge black bear.
Imagine how terrified they were. They tried to run but the bear chased them. John managed to climb up into a
tree but, James fell to the ground and pretended to be dead. He knew that a bear will only attack something if it is
The bear smelled him all over, while the man tried to hold his breath as best he could, hoping that the animal would not discover the pretence. Finally, the bear must have thought that the man really was dead.
Finally, the danger over. John came down from the tree and ask his friend, “ well, what did the bear
whisper into your ear ? “ The bear said, “ That it would be good if you fell from the tree and pretended to be dead
with me ! “
Decide wheather the following statement is True (T) or False (F).
21. Jhon and james were two friend ( )
22. They hit a huge stone in the mountain ( )
23. James pretended to be dead ( )
24. They tried to run but the bear chased them ( )
25. John fell to the ground ( )